Green Zone Institute Founder Susan Gillis Chapman teaches to the Teacher Training class of 2019
This exclusive Teacher Training is available to those who’ve completed the Advanced “Green Zone Leader” program.
Tuesdays at 9am Los Angeles (6pm Paris) for 90 minutes. The course will be four months of classes, beginning November 8, 2022 through March 7, 2023. There will be no classes December 20 and 27.
In addition, there will be two one-on-one meetings with Greg Heffron.
Optionally, there can be small group meetings —organized by the participants — as a Green Zone for their questions, concerns and insights.
The Process and Aim for the Training
The Mindful Communication Teacher Training Certification will focus on how to convey our Green Light Communication material to the public. The course will include theory and practice in how to structure talks and classes, lead key exercises, offer lectures and lead meditations. Students will offer 3 twenty-minute sample lectures to their fellow students in class, as well as offering feedback to each other during the course.
While students will be expected to have a competent understanding of Green Light Communication, it’s also the case that teachers themselves will still be learning. Teaching this material — as is true of teaching anything — allows one to go deeper, through the preparation for a lecture, workshop or weekend. Prospective teachers should still feel comfortable with the material, even if they’re not fully “experts.”
This clip begins with a helpful exchange with Christopher Bacon, a member of the 2019 Teacher Training cohort, and continues with Greg Heffron explaining how teaching is like being a ‘lead’ when dancing tango.
This 16-session program will include online video chat once a week for 2 hours. In addition, there will be one-on-one meetings with the instructor and optional small group meetings (schedule to be determined). These sessions will include lectures, exercises and testing — as well as short practice lectures offered by the students, both in small groups and to the larger class.To complete certification, each student will teach two live sessions in the Green Zone Connection. Feedback will occur after live teachings, in private sessions with Greg Heffron.
The participation requirement is to be present for 75% of the live online sessions. Missed sessions will be available to be reviewed on video.
In this clip, Greg Heffron describes the essence of mindlessness, from the perspective of the Green Light being our true nature.
This Training will include the following material:
- study of “the Five Buddha Families” material via the course text Natural Brilliance by Irini Rockwell
- this will be presented in relationship to teaching The Five Keys material, various patterns, etc.
- how to hold yourself as a teacher in complex and challenging teaching environments
- how to work with your own Yellow Light during teaching
- leading key exercises for those new to the material, such as:
- meditation with the still face experiment video
- the “still face” exercise (blocking the face of the speaker)
- meditation with the Four Elements
- meditation on our Natural Communication System
- Extending and Embracing
- meditation with the “awkward posture”
- the difference between “McMindfulness” (mindfulness without wisdom) and what we’re teaching
- how to be effective at storytelling when teaching
- explorations of core concepts of Green Light Communication (lights, zones, patterns, etc)
- managing classroom dynamics (including protecting yourself)
- how to relate ethically to students
- Presenting the Heartless Mind pattern
- Presenting the Mindless Heart pattern
- creating a powerful connection with participants (presence)
- trauma and teaching
What Does Certification Mean?
Becoming a “Certified Teacher” at Green Zone Institute allows the student to teach their own programs for personal profit.
Further, the Teacher is free to mix Green Light Communication material into their other professional activities, including workshops they teach in other disciplines. In these cases, the Certified Teacher is asked to mention the source of the material, so that interested students might seek our further resources.
Instructors will receive powerpoint, keynote, or PDF templates for programs.
In this sample clip, Greg Heffron gives feedback to our Teacher Elvia Garcia, and muses on when and when not to oversimplify to make a point.
Green Light Communication does not guarantee certification simply by participating in the Training. GLC reserves the right to require further coaching or training, or may decide not to certify a specific student. GLC also maintains the right to remove certification for a teacher at any time based on GLC’s core “Green Zone” principles and its aim of increasing the confidence, kindness and clarity of students in GLC courses.
Teacher Sponsorship of Susan Gillis Chapman as Green Zone Institute’s “Founding Teacher”
Teachers offering Green Light Communication courses and workshops are required to offer 15% of their profits for each Green Light Communication program, to be passed to Susan Gillis Chapman as founding teacher and “vision holder” for this methodology. NOTE: this does NOT apply to teaching where Mindful Communication is not the focus and the material is integrated into some other curriculum.
Lecture on teaching the Four Seasons of Mindless Heart (from The Four Seasons of Relationship weekend)
Full price: $4950
GZL graduates: contact Greg directly to register.