Sept 11-15, 2019
From Wednesday 11 – Sunday 15 September 2019 Susan Gillis Chapman and Greg Heffron will guide a five day retreat/workshop in Huize Elisabeth, Denekamp, the Netherlands. As their previous workshops in Holland were highly appreciated, we are pleased to welcome them back. In this workshop (in English!) Susan and Greg will go more deeply into the practice of applying mindful communication to those moments when we feel groundless, bringing self-compassion to our underlying fears and self-doubts. By the end of this program teachers and coaches will be able to apply this method in their work. Using the green zone model, participants will learn how to hold the container of authentic presence, allowing room for genuine exchange and opening to occur.
Online Registration is not open yet, but will be available at http://fritskoster.nl/agenda/
|Susan Gillis Chapman is a retired Marital and Family therapist who has been practicing mindfulness meditation for over 40 years. After receiving an MA in Buddhist and Western Psychology in the early 80s, she worked with both victims and perpetrators of domestic and sexual violence, including with inmates in a maximum security prison. She is the author of The Five Keys To Mindful Communication (Dutch title: Mindful communiceren).
|Greg Heffron owns and manages Green Zone Institute — dedicated to Susan Chapman’s teachings. He was the first certified teacher of Mindful Communication. He has been teaching these workshops since 2009, and has been a mindfulness meditation teacher since 2005. In 2005, he apprenticed with senior Mudra Space Awareness teacher Craig Smith, and became authorized to teach this unique mind-body meditation technique. He coaches individuals, teaches workshops, and consults with organizations like Shambhala Mountain Center, Dechen Choling Buddhist Retreat Center and others. See more about Mindful Communication at http://greenzonetalk.com.|
Dates and times
The retreat will start Wednesday morning 11 September 2019 at 10.30 h. (you’re welcome from 9.30 h.).
The retreat will end Sunday 15 September at 14.00 h.
Huize Elisabeth, Gravenallee 11, 7591 PE Denekamp, the Netherlands.
Tel. (00)-31-(0)541-753256 – Monday-Friday from 9.00 – 12.00 h.
This workshop is useful for mindfulness teachers, therapists and counsellors who wish to deepen their own practice and wish to integrate mindful communication in their group and individual therapeutic work with their clients.
The workshop/retreat is suitable both for participants with little previous experience in mindful communication and also for those who have participated in other workshops with Susan and Greg, as a way of deepening their experience. All participants receive a proof of participation. The workshop will enable participants to be authorized to use exercises and parts of the Green Zone model in their (mindfulness-based) professional work.
- Participation fee: participation costs € 645. The costs for vegetarian meals, tea, coffee and lodging in a single bedroom are €446; bathrooms and showers are in the corridor. The overhead costs cover €199. All costs include VAT 21%.
- Extra night (from 10-11 September): It is possible to arrive on Tuesday evening. In that case € 40p. will be charged for the extra night and breakfast.
- Bedding will be provided by the retreat centre. A set of towels can be rented for € 4.
- ‘Heart-gift’: Susan mailed that she is sympathetic to our good intentions and make the retreat/workshop accessible for everybody. Therefore she decided to offer the workshop as a Buddhist teacher rather than as a professional trainer. The teachings and facilitation of the retreat are for a great deal offered as an act of generosity. By offering a financial gift directly to the teacher, you are offering support from your own heart, and helping insure the future viability of these teachings. A gift to Susan and Greg can be done directly at the beginning and/or at the end of the workshop. Your generosity is much appreciated.
- We strongly suggest you to buy and read Susan’s book Mindful communiceren (Ten Have, 2015).
- Handouts will be emailed by .pdf to participants after the workshop.
Since there is a lot of interest we suggest that you register as soon as possible if you would like to participate in this retreat/workshop. Registration can be done by printing and filling in the application form on page 3 and send it by post. It is also possible to register online. Your registration is valid after payment of a deposit of € 150, transferred to: IBAN number NL03 SNSB 0858403447 (Dutch bank) of Trainingsbureau Mildheid & Mindfulness, Ezinge, mentioning ‘SGC 2019’. Swift code or BIC is: SNSBNL2A.
Address Bank: SNS-bank, Utrechtsestraat 46, Arnhem.
After having sent the registration form and transferred the deposit you will get an invoice by email for all the basic costs of the workshop. The amount that hasn’t been paid yet can be transferred until one week before the start of the retreat. You will receive an email with more detailed information one week before the retreat/workshop.